The day we live today is so advanced that a small child is also aware that proper sunscreen lotions or creams should be applied before going out in the sun. Sunscreen lotions are also called by various names such as sunblock, suntan, and sun cream lotion. This is manufactured in the form of a gel, foam, and spray of lotion. The main functions of this lotion are to absorb or reflect the ultraviolet radiation released from the sun and protect the skin from sunburns. By applying a sunscreen lotion, one can experience significant relief even after going into the sunlight. The second benefit is the skin remains undamaged to some extent. Thirdly, sometimes, these lotions help in preventing skin cancers. Finally, experts suggest that continuous usage of such lotions will slow down wrinkles, sagging skin and even cure dark spots.
Types of sunscreens: Not all sunscreens apply to everyone. The sunscreen lotion can be categorized based on its mode of action. There are two types of sunscreen lotions available in the market – physical sunscreens and chemical sunscreen. Physical sunscreens consist of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. When applied, this sort of lotion stays on the top layer of the skin and deflects the ultraviolet rays and thereby controls the effect on the skin. On the other hand, chemical sunscreens absorb ultraviolet rays.
Tips required in choosing a good sunscreen lotion: Some of the tips to choose a good sunscreen lotion are as follows:-
- Nature of the skin: There are four types of skin, namely normal, dry, oily, and combined. All skin types require sunscreen lotion. But sunscreen lotions are not suitable for all skin types. Several sunscreen lotions are available in the market based on the individual’s skin type. So, analyze the skin type and choose a sunscreen that is best suitable for your skin. Sometimes, the ingredients used to make the lotion may not suit the skin of the individual.
- Usage: Choose such sunscreen that will not harm the skin even if used for a long time. There is no age limit for usage but ensure that the sunscreen lotions are not used on infants without consulting a doctor.
- Essentials: While purchasing a sunscreen lotion, one should check the essential details such as ingredients, manufacturing date, expiry date, and price and quantity. Sometimes, even directions of usage also should be checked if the product is launched newly.
- Maintenance: While purchasing the product, always check the packing of the product. If the packing is found inadequate or improper, such product should be discarded and should not be used. Because the content of the product may be exposed to the sunlight and the user can face some side effects by using such a product.
- Quality: Check relevant reviews of the product or opt for a good dermatologist consultation. Never take the risk of purchasing a product that results in harming the skin. The relief given by a good sunscreen lotion is itself a good checkpoint for quality. However, For sunscreen on the go, try Mesoestetic sunscreen from The Skin Care Clinic.
Conclusion: Applying sunscreen lotion helps external health of the body, i.e., the skin. Internal health also has to be restored by consuming lots of water, a good diet, and regular exercise.