Teeth or tooth loss can make you look for replacement solutions. Dental implants are proven to be the best solution to rebuild the lost dentition. What is it and why is it claimed to be great?
A small cylindrical post generally designed from titanium alloy is positioned inside your jawbone at the missing tooth site. Eventually the bone bonds with the implant permitting it to play the role of a prosthetic tooth foundation. After some weeks the implant is secured firmly than a denture, bridge, or crown is placed on it. It replaces the visible space of lost tooth/teeth.
Why a dental implant is great?
The emergency dentist at Orion Dental in Cypress work to see a bright and happy smile on their patient’s face, when they leave the office.
The professionals have suggested implants for multiple reasons.
- Bone loss is the common issue after tooth loss, which is prevented.
- Implants are sturdy and give sufficient bite force suitable to mostly all the foods.
- Implants are long-term permanent teeth replacement solutions with proper care.
- Caring for implants is similar to taking care of your natural teeth.
- The feel and look of implants resemble natural teeth.
- There is no need to remove or modify the adjoining natural teeth.
What to expect during the dental implant process?
Sedation dentistry is advised to patients who cannot handle the discomfort and pain during the process.
Some basic steps to expect during the impact process include –
- Consultation helps to determine your eligibility for the implants or not.
- Implants are inserted into your jawbone. Surgery is minor and takes a couple of hours.
- Jawbone takes a few months to strongly bond with the implant.
- Artificial teeth or tooth is carefully designed, which will be positioned on top of the implant.
The success rate is high but you need to be familiar with the symptoms of dental implant failures.
- Too much consistent pain
- Swelling and redness in gums surrounding the implant
- Gum collapse around the implant
- Implant feels loose
- Finding it hard to chew
If your implant is suffering from the above symptoms then consult a local dentist as fast as you can. Early help can allow salvaging the dental implant.
How to prevent dental implant failure?
To minimize the dental implant failure risk it is essential to follow the oral surgeon’s instruction associated with teeth care.
- Infection is a common implant failure cause, so maintain proper oral hygiene via brushing and flossing.
- Visit the dental clinic regularly to have the implants cleaned professionally as well as mouth inspection for identifying subtle signs.
- Smoking is detrimental to your oral health and immune system.
- Choose food wisely like avoid sugary items and hard foods that can damage implants.
Make sure to choose a reliable and experienced oral surgeon for your dental implant procedure. Understand the preventive care process and follow it stringently to enjoy your smile for a long time. Oral health is crucial even after the dental implant process!